An age old question and everyone always has an opinion. From the pure addict (my spunki wife) to the health nut who won’t touch it.
So what’s my point of view? I believe you should do what you enjoy, and make it as healthy as possible.
Sometimes the dogma of denial is worse than the enjoyment of the forbidden.
That said, it doesn’t mean coffee at all costs. Here are a few ways to make your morning coffee “better” for you. And what if the $4 on coffee could be invested for your male health in a much more productive way?
Coffee health 101
- Cut out the soy – soy is bad for the sex hormone balance, as well as most soy now being contaminated by GMOs, which further disrupts the bodily functions.
- Use organic coffee – did you know most coffee is heavily contaminated with glycophosphates like RoundUp, which does nothing for your hormones, and poisons your body?
- Don’t overheat the coffee – the properties of coffee don’t get better when heated. Why not try cold brew coffee, to feel the true effects of a great cup of coffee.
- Know the hidden dangers of the “bullet proof’ keto coffees – watch out for dairy, which is not grass fed at origin, may well contain a lot of hormones and sex hormone disrupters. Also in The China Study, Colin Campbell identifies the risk of dairy in the diet, in terms of cancer. Choose organic macadamia oil as an alternative – helps T production, and tasty to boot.
Coffee Boosters 202
- Utilise the magic properties of coffee:
- Transport system for superfood nutrients – coffee is a great transport mechanism for nutrients, so why not make a superfood coffee, with mushroom extracts such as chaga and reishi, hormonal support herbs and the like, as well as macadamia / coconut oil, to really make your mornings zing.
- Potent fat burner – keto coffee is now all the rage, but the effect of caffeine on stimulating fat burning has long been known. Why not add a measure of MCT oil to your morning brew, before cardio or weights, and feel the energy shift.
- Mild laxative – coffee helps get things moving in the morning, so start the day with a cleanse, and feel brighter
So as you can see, I view coffee as a very helpful wellness tool, with a few caveats.
What if rather than spending that $4 a cup to be poisoned, you made your own magic, and used the $4 to invest in your male wellness?
We always use our local organic coffee – the guys know how we want it ground, so we can do our magic cold brew blend (activated over an organite charge plate to further power it up), and then we go to town with a potent blend of mushroom extracts, hormone balancing herbs, and a spoonful of organic coconut oil.
Shaun, co-founder of Be Spunki