Firstly let me start with an admission – I have bought every new “wonder” supplement known to man, believed every advert in the fitness mags, and spent a royal fortune looking for the ideal super supplement, to turn me into Mr “X”.
From Muscle Builder, to whey magic, you name it, I’ve tried it all. Making the choice to ‘go vegan’ narrowed my choices down, and soy or pea protein are definitely not my favourite. So what to do?
Having read more about the dairy industry, and what cow milk contains, and by definition, protein concentrates, it’s clear to me that back in the good old days, when we used egg protein, whilst it’s not ideal, it’s certainly better than a big jug of hormone disruptors. Non organic milk is full of xeno-estrogenic compounds, antibotics, exogenous growth hormone and the like, not to mention various cancer causing factors such as IGF-1 … it’s pure insanity to think none of this is getting into your system when you consume it. Don’t take my word for it, check out The China Study by T. Colin Campbell PhD, and make up your own mind.
Let’s remember why we train and go to the gym in the 1st place, and why we consume post workout drinks after the gym.
To gain more muscle (maybe), to get stronger (hopefully) and to RECOVER from the session as quickly and completely as possible, so we can do it again, and again, and again.
If our target is to be the best we can be, and be as healthy as we can be, surely it makes sense to feed nutrients to your body after the workout that will enhance it, not disrupt it, and potentially cause illness, hormone disruption, and create something less than the best of yourself.
My personal search took me down the “superfood” route. I wanted something that was complete, easy to assimilate, nutritious, and offered as many health benefits as possible, over and above just providing the necessary building blocks for muscle recovery.
Selfish I know, but here at Be Spunki, our target is to be the best we can be, so we only use the best ingredients possible, because the truth is, we make this stuff to satisfy our own needs 1st.
Once we started to research the superfoods, and together with the work we already did to produce Be Spunki REBOOT, we found that if we added a specific blend of adaptogenic herbs, we could boost the effects of the base protein significantly, aiding recovery, rejuvenation, as well as supporting the body to do what it does best.
Our philosophy is that the body knows best, and if we provide it with what it requires to thrive, it will take care of the rest, far better than we can imagine.
So we found the best source of protein – Aussie born & bred cracked wall spirulina (third party tested as being the cleanest available source in the world), and then combined this with herbs that:
- are anti-prolific, i.e. prevent cancer cells from developing and spreading as well as enhancing the body’s own ability to remove the damaged cells.
- are extremely high in antioxidants
- strengthen vital organs such as the liver, kidneys, pancreas, heart, brain, skin, as well as improving joint health and connective tissues.
- improve blood cholesterol profiles, reduce arterial plaque, reduce hyper tension.
- reduce insulin resistance within the cells of the body, stabilising blood sugar levels.
- support a healthy sexual function, enhancing libido, and improving sperm health. Helps erectile dysfunction to boot.
- stimulates the metabolism, specifically visceral fat mobilisation, using fat as a source of energy. Aids the management of aromatase within the body (where the body converts testosterone to estrogen).
- supports adrenal function, lowering cortisol and reducing inflammation in the body.
- repair damaged gut flora, helping to improve leaky gut syndrome.
- support efficient elimination of toxins from the body, through improved liver function, as we acting as a binder for toxins.
- support a healthy mood and positive outlook.
Your post workout drink has now transformed from a hormone horror show, into something that Superman himself would drink.
As always, the proof of the concept is what it does in real life, and the results thus far have been amazing.
For both men and women, the benefits are significant – enhanced protein uptake, improved recovery time, nutricising the body with all it requires, in a form that it can assimilate easily, all the while boosting vital organ function.
RECOVER is now available. Give it a go and thrive in your daily life.
Shaun, co-founder of Be Spunki