Everyday stress is a normal and healthy response to daily life. However, chronic stress, when we’re constantly under stress, is a major killer to our testosterone levels.
Stress, leading to chronic anxiety affects more men than we think. Being one of the most common health conditions in Australia, on average 1 in 5 men will experience anxiety at some stage in their lives*.
What you need to ask yourself is, has my stress become unhealthy for me? The fact is that stress and anxiety are damaging physically, psychologically and it’s diminishing the quality and length of your life.
It is important to set up your own personal stress management tactics. Keep it simple and don’t let the regime stress you out!
Firstly, identify the stress triggers, which can be and not limited to:
Diet – Are you eating healthy balanced nutritional meals?
Being overworked – Are you taking on more than you can swallow?
Restless sleep – Are you aimlessly searching Instagram at 2 AM?
Over training – Are you pushing the limit without any rest days?
Relationships – Is your relationship nurturing and supportive?
Grief – Are you going through hard times with it seeming like there’s no light at the end of the tunnel?
Secondly, create a wellness routine that is easy and habitual. This is all the stuff you know, but you might need to hear it again:
- Exercise – No matter how busy, tired or hungover you are, get those trainers on your feet.
- Breathe – Learn how to breathe properly. There are plenty of cool apps with breathing exercises.
- Organisation – Plan your week, keep your lists short and stay in control.
- Music – Music can assist or hinder your mood. Choose or create a playlist to calm your mind and body at work and at home.
- Orgasm – Just like exercise, don’t let this one slip. If you’re too stressed to care, then you know you need to get straight into bed and go for it. The endorphins that are released post-orgasm are well documented!
- Eat Well – If time is your barrier, then learn to order well. Organic whole-foods over refined, processed foods every time.
- Supplements – No matter how good your diet is, you need an added boost. Do your research, take the right supplements for you and ensure they are TGA approved to ensure quality.
REBOOT contains herbs that have been proven in human clinical trials to optimise male hormone levels and assist in the relief of stress, mild anxiety and irritability.
Press > Play to listen to what one of Australia’s top Personal Trainers has to say about mitigating stress:
So handle your stress, alleviate anxiety and add a few more years to your life.
*Australian Bureau of Statistics. (2008). National Survey of Mental Health and Wellbeing: Summary of Results, 2007. Cat. no. (4326.0). Canberra: ABS.